Acceptable Use Policy
Our acceptable use policy has been created to make it clear how to use our website in a safe and appropriate way. There is a small minority of people who do attempt to do odd and unwelcome things to websites. We want to prevent this from happening to our website or applications and spoiling the experience for other users or visitors.
modern.standfirst.io is a site operated by Interconnect IT Ltd ("we"). We’re a limited company registered in England and Wales with registration number 3270125. Our registered office is Interconnect IT Ltd, Liverpool Science Park, Innovation Centre 1, 131 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool L3 5TF which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is GB 693 4787 76.
We only consent to the lawful use of our site and application. This means you can’t use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In order to disseminate information that is considered by us to be hateful or discriminatory to people or individuals with a protected characteristic as defined under UK law or as appropriate to devolved regions.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate copy or re-sell any part of our site or application in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website and application use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site or application;
- any equipment or network on which our site or application is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site and application; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
Should we suspect that there has been a breach of our policy, we will take action to investigate. If a breach is confirmed, then we have the right to take whatever remedial or protective action that we reasonably consider to be appropriate.
This may be any or all of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If we believe that we have to do any of the above, we exclude liability for any of those actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy may be revised and amended at any time. For best practice you should check this page from time to time to note any updates, as these changes will be binding on you. This should be of no concern to most of our regular users as you will be using our website and application in line with it's designated use.
This policy should be read in conjunction with the other related policies included on our website.